Welcome to The Angel's Gate Online platform, run by Angel's Gate S1 Pte Ltd (together with its affiliates and their officers, directors, agents, employees, partners and their respective affiliates, collectively, "Angel's Gate"). The following terms and conditions govern any use of the Website or the Services, whether as a Supporter, Entrepreneur or User.
Using the Services, Entrepreneurs will engage in activities to obtain funding for their respective projects (each, a "Project"). Supporters may pledge funds towards a Project ("Pledge") and if the Entrepreneur who creates that Project succeeds in receiving Pledges in an amount equal to or greater than the minimum amount of funding sought in respect of such Project within the specified fundraising period of 124 days ("Pledge Goal"), and an Effective Transaction (as defined below) occurs, the Pledges will be paid to the Entrepreneur in exchange for some form of valuable consideration ("Reward") which agreement is governed by a separate "Contract" between the Entrepreneur and Supporter.
Persons seeking Pledges from Supporters in respect of a Project are "Entrepreneurs" and agree to be bound by all terms with reference to Entrepreneurs herein. Persons seeking to make Pledges to a Project are "Supporters" and agree to be bound by all terms with reference to Supporters herein. Entrepreneurs and Supporters, together with persons who use the Website, including visiting or browsing, but do not list a Project or seek Pledges or make a Pledge are "Users" and agree to be bound by all terms with reference to Users herein, together if applicable, with all terms and references to Entrepreneurs and Supporters, as the case may be.
ANGEL'S GATE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF CONTRACT BETWEEN ENTREPRENEUR AND SUPPORTER. THE TERMS OF SUCH A CONTRACT DO NOT ALTER IN ANY WAY THE TERMS OR CONDITIONS OF ANY OTHER AGREEMENT USER MAY HAVE WITH ANGEL'S GATE, FOR PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHERWISE.
IF USER IS PARTICIPATING IN THE SERVICES ON BEHALF OF ANY ENTITY, USER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT USER IS AUTHORIZED TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS ON SUCH ENTITY'S BEHALF, AND THAT SUCH ENTITY ACCEPTS LIABILITY FOR THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY EACH OTHER USER AND ANGEL'S GATE FOR VIOLATIONS OF THESE TERMS.
Acceptance of Terms
The Services are available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old. User represents and warrants that if User is an individual, User is of legal age to form a binding contract, and that all registration information User submits is accurate and truthful. Angel's Gate may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions. Accessing the Website is prohibited from territories where the Services or its content are illegal. If User accesses the Website from locations other than Singapore, it is done so at User's own initiative and User is responsible for compliance with local laws.
Limited License, Rules and Conduct
User is granted a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and participate in the Services and use any online tools provided by the Services to create an Entrepreneur Project page, Supporter profile or otherwise participate in the Services and electronically copy (except where prohibited without a license) and print to hard copy portions of Content for User's, informational, non-commercial and personal use only. As a condition of use, User promises not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by the Agreement. Each User is responsible for all of their activity in connection with the Services.
The term "User Submissions" means any content, videos, audio clips, written forum comments, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, or other information which User adds, creates, uploads, submits, distributes, collects, or posts ("Submitting" or "Submission") to the Website.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, User may not (and shall not permit any third party to) either: (i) take any action; or (ii) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Website, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law. regulation or contractual duty;
- User knows is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane, including material that glorifies, incites, or endorses ethnic, racial or religious hatred, strife or intolerance;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Angel's Gate or any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Angel's Gate.
Additionally, User may not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Angel's Gate in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Angel's Gate's (or its third party providers') infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on the Website; (iii) bypass any measures Angel's Gate may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Website; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Website.
User may not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Website, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Website; (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that User receives hereunder; (iv) use the Website or Content for any resale or commercial purpose, except as allowed by the terms set forth herein; (v) distribute or publicly display any Content; (vi) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of the Services or Content, or any portion thereof; (vii) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (viii) download (other than the page caching) any portion of the Services, Website, Content or any information contained therein, except as expressly allowed by the terms set forth herein; or (ix) use the Services, Website or Content in any way other than for its intended purpose.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services may provide User with the ability to submit User Submissions. By submitting User Submissions on the Website or otherwise through the Services, User:
- acknowledges that by submitting any User Submission to the Website, User is publishing that User Submission, and that User may be identified publicly by User's User ID in association with any such User Submission;
- by submitting any User Submissions through the Website or the Services, User hereby does and shall grant Angel's Gate a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, host, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions along with all associated copyrightable works or metadata in connection with the Website, the Services and Angel's Gate's (and its successors' and assigns') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website (and derivative works thereof), the Services and Angel's Gate's (and its successors' and assigns') business, in any media format and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites). User also hereby does and shall grant each other User a non-exclusive license to access User's User Submissions through the Website and the Services, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Angel's Gate does not affect User's other ownership or license rights in User's User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in User's User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing;
- grants to Angel's Gate the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, copy, and display User's trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos or similar proprietary rights in connection with the Website, the Services and Angel's Gate's (and its successors and assigns') business;
- User agrees to pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity due to User's Submission of any User Submissions to the Services;
- that the use or other exploitation of such User Submissions by Angel's Gate and use or other exploitation by Users as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and
- understands that Angel's Gate shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials, content or information submitted by User; and that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Website is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that Angel's Gate will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content; and that Angel's Gate cannot guarantee the identity of any other User with whom User may interact in the course of using the Services.
Angel's Gate does not endorse (and, for the avoidance of doubt, any acts by Angel's Gate to promote a User Submission shall not be regarded as an endorsement) and has no control over any User Submission. Angel's Gate cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which Users may provide about themselves. User acknowledges that all Content accessed by User using the Services is at User's own risk and User will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party resulting therefrom.
Third Party Site
The Website may permit User to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Website. When User accesses third party websites, User does so at User's own risk. These other websites are not under control of Angel's Gate, and User acknowledges that Angel's Gate is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Angel's Gate or any association with its operators. User further acknowledges and agrees that Angel's Gate shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Entrepreneur Terms and Conditions
The following Entrepreneur terms and conditions set forth the agreement between Entrepreneur and Angel's Gate regarding Entrepreneur's participation in the Services. Entrepreneur and Angel's Gate hereby agree to the terms and conditions of Entrepreneur's participation in the Services as follows:
- No Financial Advice or Underwriting Services
- Insufficient Pledges
- Rewards; No Offer or Sale of Securities, Investments, or Prohibited Items
- Stocks, shares, bonds, options, futures or an investment interest in any form of entity or property or any financial instrument that may be subject to applicable securities rules or regulations, including any Reward that may be termed a "security", "collective investment scheme" or "investment" by any of the Singapore Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289), the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 and the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as the case may be.
- Adult oriented products or services, including pornography, sexually explicit materials, or dating services.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Drugs, whether legal or illegal, drug paraphernalia, controlled substances and medical devices.
- Rewards that involve or facilitate gambling.
- Firearms, weapons and hazardous materials.
- Cash or cash equivalent instruments, currency or counterfeit currency.
- Services that involve the collection of uncollectible debt or accounts receivable and billing companies.
- Credit services, including credit cards, credit counseling, credit repair services, credit protection, and identity theft protection.
- Financial intermediaries and money service businesses, including online auctions, Internet malls processing third party payments, credit card aggregators, offshore banking operations, debt financing, money transmitters, check cashing services, currency exchange and dealing, cash advance services, payday lending, escrow services, any service that receives and processes money on behalf of others, and any issuers, redeemers, and sellers of money orders, travelers checks, and stored value products.
- Donations and charitable solicitations, including charities and non-profit organizations without a valid tax exempt status, charitable solicitations, commercial fundraisers (including commercial co-venturers), or any activity associated with the solicitation of donations.
- Government documents, IDs, or licenses.
- Mailing lists or personal information of third parties.
- Multi-level marketing programs, pyramid or "ponzi" schemes or other "get rich quick schemes".
- Cell phone service contracts and other phone services including audio text services, prepaid phone cards, and prepaid phone services.
- Real Estate.
- Rewards that infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties, including pirated software and counterfeit goods.
- Illegal, inappropriate or offensive items or activities, including any good or service that violates local, national, or international laws or regulations or facilitates or encourages third parties to do so, or that would be generally offensive to others, including Rewards that defame or slander others, Rewards that glorify, incite, or endorse ethnic, racial or religious hatred, strife or intolerance, stolen goods, wildlife products and any other items or activities that in our judgment are illegal, inappropriate or offensive in connection with our services.
- Entrepreneur Responsible for laws
To the extent the Entrepreneur's activities constitute a business, it is Entrepreneur's responsibility to comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing businesses. Angel's Gate is not responsible and shall have no liability for any activity that is not compliant with applicable laws.
All agreements regarding Entrepreneur's Project, Supporter's Pledge of funds with Entrepreneur and provision of a Reward are solely between Entrepreneur and Supporter directly; Angel's Gate is not a party to any such Contract and has no responsibility or liability for any rights or obligations contained in any Contract between the Entrepreneur and Supporter.
Angel's Gate does not represent, warrant, covenant, guarantee, or promise: (i) any specific results from use of the Services, including that Entrepreneur's Pledge will be successful or that Entrepreneur's business will be successful; (ii) that Supporters will fulfill their Pledges; (iii) regarding the performance or fairness of [Paypal]; or (iv) receipt of the targeted amount.
Entrepreneurs may initiate refunds at their own discretion. Angel's Gate is not responsible for issuing refunds for amounts that have been collected by Entrepreneurs.
THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SERVICE OR ADVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, AS WELL AS THE SERVICES THEMSELVES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ENTREPRENEUR ASSUMES TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR ENTREPRENEUR'S USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES.
THE TELEVISION PROGRAMME KNOWN AS “THE ANGEL’S GATE” IS PRODUCED SEPARATELY FROM THE ANGEL’S GATE CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM. MEDIACORP PTE. LTD. IS A CO-OWNER OF THE TELEVISION PROGRAMME “THE ANGEL’S GATE” BUT IT IS NOT AN OWNER OF ANGEL’S GATE AND IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES. ENTREPRENEUR ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT MEDIACORP PTE. LTD. AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AND SHALL NOT BEAR ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY IN RELATION TO OR ARISING FROM THE SERVICES.
- Limitation of Liability
Angel's Gate will not be liable for any fraud, misinformation, failure to convert Pledges into funds, cases of mistaken identity, or any other mistake or wrongdoing engaged in by a Supporter or third party.
Entrepreneur understands that any and all decisions made by Entrepreneur with respect to the Services are Entrepreneur's alone. Angel's Gate cannot and does not verify the accuracy of information from Supporters or other Entrepreneurs. Angel's Gate is not responsible for, or owe any duty or obligation to, or liability for: (a) decisions or interactions resulting (directly or indirectly) from participation in the Services; or (b) any damages, costs, losses or expenses an Entrepreneur incurs as a result (directly or indirectly) of receiving funds or relying on a Pledge from a Supporter as a result (directly or indirectly) of utilizing the Services or information received in connection with the Services, including but not limited to, Entrepreneur's reliance on fraudulent, misleading, false, incorrect or inaccurate representations by Supporters or third persons. In addition, in no event will Angel's Gate be liable to Entrepreneur or any third person for any direct or indirect damages, costs, losses or expenses, including any lost opportunities, profits, revenue, goodwill or reputation or special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from Entrepreneur's use of the Website or participation in the Services, even if Angel's Gate has been advised of the possibility of such damages, costs, losses or expenses.
Angel's Gate is not responsible, and shall have no liability, for any false, misleading, fraudulent, incorrect or inaccurate User Submissions in connection with the Services or for any liability, cost or expense Entrepreneur may incur in connection with the Services, whether caused by any User or third person. Angel's Gate is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User participating in the Services, or any third person. With respect to the Website and the Services, Angel's Gate assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any communications.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, by using the Services, Entrepreneur releases Angel's Gate from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Entrepreneur's activities and for any use of the Website or the Services, or any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to, or any interactions between, Entrepreneur and any User or any third person, whether online or offline, including, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to damage to or destruction of property (including intellectual property), rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), howsoever arising.
- Financial Records
- Use of Likeness
- Payment to Angel's Gate
ENTREPRENEUR AUTHORIZES ANGEL'S GATE TO DEBIT A FEE FOR THE SERVICES EQUAL TO A PERCENTAGE OF THE TOTAL VALUE OF PLEDGED FUNDS COLLECTED. THE FEE WILL BE DISTRIBUTED DIRECTLY TO ANGEL'S GATE FROM ITS THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT COLLECTOR [PAYPAL] AND THE NET PLEDGED FUNDS WILL BE DEPOSITED DIRECTLY INTO THE ENTREPRENEUR'S [PAYPAL] ACCOUNT AS DESIGNATED BY ENTREPRENEUR. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE FEE FOR THE SERVICES IS FOR THE SERVICES, WHICH SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE UNDERWRITING OF A PROJECT, OR ISSUANCE OR SALE OF SECURITIES.
[When Entrepreneur uses a service that has a fee, Entrepreneur will have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that will be charged, which may change from time to time.] Changes to applicable fees are effective after Angel's Gate provides notice by posting the changes on the Website. Angel's Gate may choose to temporarily change the fees for Services for promotional events (for example, free listing days) or new services, and such changes are effective on the date the temporary promotional event or new service on the is posted on the Website.
Supporter Terms and Conditions
The following Supporter terms and conditions set forth the agreement between Supporter and Angel's Gate regarding Supporter's participation in the Services. Supporter and Angel's Gate hereby agree to the terms and conditions of Supporter's participation in the Services as follows:
- No Financial Advice or Underwriting Services
- Insufficient Raise; Insufficient Investments
If the aggregate amount of Pledges that Entrepreneur receives does not meet Entrepreneur's Pledge Goal, Supporter will not be able to transfer its Pledge.
If an Entrepreneur's Pledge Goal is reached, Supporter's Pledge will be transferred to Entrepreneur. Supporter acknowledges and accepts that Angel's Gate will debit a fee for the Services equal to a percentage of the total value of Pledges collected in accordance with paragraph 12 of the Entrepreneur Terms and Conditions above. Supporter also acknowledges and accepts that the amount of Pledges actually distributed to Entrepreneur may fall below Entrepreneur's Pledge Goal if one or more Supporters fail to fulfil their Pledge.
- Angel's Gate Supporter Services.
Angel's Gate provides the Services only to facilitate and fulfill the Entrepreneur's Project. By allowing an Entrepreneur to create a Project page or otherwise providing Services to an Entrepreneur, Angel's Gate is in no way verifying, vouching for, guaranteeing or otherwise certifying, representing or suggesting the authenticity of the Entrepreneur, the Entrepreneur's business or business prospects or Entrepreneur's promise to provide a Reward, or the safety and soundness of any Pledge of funds to an Entrepreneur. Angel's Gate does not audit any Entrepreneur or conduct any due diligence regarding any Project posted by an Entrepreneur on the Website. Supporter will conduct its own investigation and due diligence into the propriety, safety and soundness of any Pledge and will make its own decisions regarding the risk and quality of the Pledge with any given Entrepreneur.
Supporter agrees that Angel's Gate makes no guarantee of any Pledge made using the Services. All Pledges are at Supporter's own risk. All Pledges of funds and corresponding Rewards constitute a separate legal contract between the Entrepreneur and Supporter. As such Supporter agrees to exercise due caution and care when investigating the Project and ultimately making a Pledge of funds.
- Entrepreneur - Supporter Contract
Angel's Gate does not represent, warrant, covenant, guarantee, or promise: (i) any specific results from use of the Services, including that Entrepreneur's Pledge will be successful, or that Entrepreneur's business will be successful; (ii) that Supporter will receive a Reward; (iii) the due performance or fairness of [Paypal] in connection with the Services; or (iv) receipt of the targeted amount.
Entrepreneurs may initiate refunds at their own discretion. Angel's Gate is not responsible for issuing refunds for amounts that have been collected by Entrepreneurs.
THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SERVICE OR ADVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, AS WELL AS THE SERVICES THEMSELVES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SUPPORTER ASSUMES TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR ITS USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES.
THE TELEVISION PROGRAMME KNOWN AS “THE ANGEL’S GATE” IS PRODUCED SEPARATELY FROM THE ANGEL’S GATE CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM. MEDIACORP PTE. LTD. IS A CO-OWNER OF THE TELEVISION PROGRAMME “THE ANGEL’S GATE” BUT IT IS NOT AN OWNER OF ANGEL’S GATE AND IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES. SUPPORTER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT MEDIACORP PTE. LTD. AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AND SHALL NOT BEAR ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY IN RELATION TO OR ARISING FROM THE SERVICES.
Notwithstanding the prohibition on Entrepreneur from providing a Prohibited Reward, each Supporter is personally responsible for verifying that it does not make a Pledge in respect of a Prohibited Reward. In the event that Supporter believes that any Reward offered in connection with the Project is a Prohibited Award, Supporter shall notify Angel's Gate and provide details of the relevant Project.
- Limitation of Liability
Angel's Gate will not be liable for any fraud, misinformation, failure to provide Rewards, cases of mistaken identity, or any other mistake or wrongdoing engaged in by an Entrepreneur or third party.
Supporter understands that any and all decisions made by Supporter with respect to the Services are Supporter's alone. Angel's Gate cannot and does not verify the accuracy of User Submissions. Angel's Gate is not responsible for, owe any duty or obligation to, or liability for: (a) decisions or interactions resulting (directly or indirectly) from participation in the Services; or (b) any damages, costs, losses or expenses Supporter incurs as a result (directly or indirectly) of making a Pledge of funds as a result (directly or indirectly) of utilizing the Services or Content received in connection with the Services, including but not limited to, Supporter reliance on fraudulent, misleading, false, incorrect or inaccurate representations by Entrepreneurs or other Supporters. In addition, in no event will Angel's Gate be liable to Supporter or any third person for any direct or indirect damages, costs, losses or expenses, including any lost capital, profits, revenue, goodwill or reputation or special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from Supporter's use of the Website or participation in the Services, even if Angel's Gate has been advised of the possibility of such damages, costs, losses or expenses.
Angel's Gate is not responsible, and shall have no liability, for any false, misleading, fraudulent, incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website in connection with the Services or for any liability, cost or expense Supporter may incur in connection with the Services, whether caused by any User or third person. Angel's Gate is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User participating in the Services or any third person. With respect to the Website and the Services, Angel's Gate assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any communications.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, by using the Services, Supporter releases Angel's Gate from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Supporter's activities and for any use of the Website or the Services, or any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to, or any interactions between, any Entrepreneur, Supporter or any other user of the Website, whether online or offline, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to damage to or destruction of property (including intellectual property), rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), howsoever arising.
If, for any reason, less than 100% of Supporter's promised Reward is provided, Supporter agrees that Angel's Gate shall have no liability for such loss, and Supporter hereby releases and forever holds harmless Angel's Gate for any loss Supporter may incur in connection with any participation in the Services or making any Pledge of funds in any Entrepreneur Project.
- Financial Records
- Use of Likeness
The following Terms are agreed to by all parties and supplement the above terms agreed to by Entrepreneur, Supporter, or User as the case may be, and Angel's Gate.
- Governing Law; Resolution of Disputes; and Arbitration
This Agreement is governed by the laws of Singapore, without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law or conflict of law provisions.
If any dispute arises between User and Angel's Gate, including any dispute arising from or relating to the Services, or any other interaction between User and Angel's Gate, whether such interaction takes place on the Website or elsewhere User, agrees that such dispute will be determined exclusively by final and binding arbitration, in accordance with the then existing commercial rules of the SIAC in Singapore. The arbitration shall be heard and adjudicated by one arbitrator to be selected by agreement between User and Angel's Gate.
Supporter undertakes to notify Angel's Gate, via the Website, if any dispute arises between Entrepreneur and Supporter, including any dispute arising from or relating to a Pledge of funds or any other interaction between Entrepreneur and Supporter, whether such interaction takes place on the Website or elsewhere. In the event such a dispute arises, such dispute will be resolved privately between Entrepreneur and the relevant Supporter(s), provided that, if Angel's Gate receives notifications under this paragraph from one or more Supporters who represent 30% or more of the value of Pledges distributed to Entrepreneur notify Angel's Gate that they have a dispute with such Entrepreneur, each Entrepreneur and Supporter agrees that such dispute will be determined exclusively by final and binding arbitration, in accordance with the then existing commercial rules of the SIAC in Singapore. The arbitration shall be heard and adjudicated by one arbitrator to be selected by Angel's Gate.Entrepreneur and Supporter hereby acknowledge and agree that Angel's Gate will not be made a party to any dispute between Entrepreneur and any Supporter that results from a Pledge or any use of the Services or any other interaction between Entrepreneur and any Supporter, whether such interaction takes place on the Website or elsewhere and release Angel's Gate from any such disputes, claims or causes of action.
- Term; Termination
- Entire Agreement; Severability
- Headings and Subtitles; Interpretation.
The titles and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement. Unless a provision hereof expressly provides otherwise: (i) the term "or" is not exclusive; (ii) words in the singular include the plural, and words in the plural include the singular; (iii) the term "including" will be deemed to be followed by, "but not limited to"; (iv) the masculine, feminine, and neuter genders will each be deemed to include the others; (v) the terms "shall", "will", and "agrees" are mandatory, and the term "may" is permissive; (vi) the term "day" means "calendar day"; (vii) the phrase "directly or indirectly" means directly, or indirectly through one or more intermediate Persons or through contractual or other arrangements, and "direct or indirect" has the correlative meaning; (viii) references to laws include any such law modifying, re-enacting, extending or made pursuant to the same or which is modified, re-enacted, or extended by the same or pursuant to which the same is made; (ix) each representation, warranty, agreement, and covenant contained herein will have independent significance, regardless of whether also addressed by a different or more specific representation, warranty, agreement, or covenant.