Angel's Gate is proud to be a supporter of TiE's The Young Entrepreneur initiative, aimed at nurturing entrepreneurship amongst young and budding entrepreneurs.
About The Young Entrepreneurs
The Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) is a unique business plan contest that helps with character building while fostering entrepreneurship. A social integration program which will build teams of students from different schools and backgrounds; working together learning from each other & leveraging their unique strengths. A not for profit organization that will offer real opportunities and partner with you throughout your entrepreneurial journey. Sign up now if you have a passion for entrepreneurship. We will provide the tools to nurture it.
TYE is an integrated programme with CLASSROOM SESSIONS, MENTORING and a BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION.
- A comprehensive curriculum with 6 days of classroom instruction followed by workshops and a business plan competition.
- All class room training and workshops conducted at Raffles Institution, 1 Raffles Institution Lane, Singapore – 575954.
- Students work with other motivated and bright students from Singapore.
- Teams will be put together based on ability and interest and mentored as they develop their business plan.
- Teams present their business plan to a panel of judges consisting of Venture Capitalists and Entrepreneurs.
The winning team will present their business plan to a global judging panel in Atlanta, Georgia, USA for a chance to win a $25,000 prize.
All contestants will be inducted into the TYE Global Alumni group to connect and network with like minded peers throughout the globe.
How It Works
- Submit your idea
Open to all students aged 16-20. Individual submissions requested.
- Get selected for the TYE program
Up to 50 candidates will be chosen.
- Get trained by Experts
Teaching sessions and mentoring by successful entrepreneurs.
- Partner with the best minds from various Singapore institutions to create your business plan
- Singapore Business Plan Contest
Singapore Finals: April 14
Winning team to present on Angel Gate's Season II
SPRING Singapore to provide start-up funding
- GLOBAL FINALS in ATLANTA
Global Finals: April 28, 29
- Build teams
- Develop ideas
- Create viable business plans
- Pitch ideas &
- Get funded
- Meet the Team
- Students will be asked to submit their ideas to www.Angelsgate.com/Youngentrepreneurs (webpage under construction) and fill out the application forms.
- Up to 50 students will be selected based on their applications.
- Sign up fee for the program will be $150. All students completing the program will receive the signup fee and more in the form of cash rewards.
- Need based assistance will be provided where required.
- The signup fee will also provide students access to networking events organized by TIE at no additional cost.
- Open to High School Students from Secondary Schools, JC's, Polytechnics & ITE's.
- Approximately 50 students will be selected and work in teams
- All class room training and workshops conducted on March 10-12 and March 16-18 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM. Students will be notified in case of any change in the program.
- Class room instruction includes inspirational speeches by successful entrepreneurs, followed by lectures and interactive discussion on business related topics
- Workshops are designed to teach soft skills and to help students become aware and knowledgeable on all pertinent aspects of operating a business
- After completing class room instruction and workshops, students form teams develop their idea in to a business plan
- Each team is assigned a mentor who guides the team to develop its idea into a viable business plan
- Teams present their business plan to a panel of judges consisting of Venture Capitalists and Entrepreneurs
- Recognition at the TYE Singapore $25K Awards Ceremonies
- Mention on the TYE Singapore website and all relevant marketing materials
- Recognition at TYE Singapore Launch Event Functions
Take this opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and learn what creating a business is all about. The Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) program is a contest that will simulate real-world scenarios and teach you how to:
All participants will take away exciting prizes. The winning teams will get the opportunity to present to the Angels of Angel's Gate, in Season II of the show on Channel News Asia.
SPRING Singapore will provide funding support to youths to set up their innovative start up.
The TYE program was launched at The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE) Boston chapter back in 2006. TIE is a global non-profit with 57 chapters and over 12000 members dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship. There are currently 20 TIE chapters including several states in the US, London, India & Canada supporting the TYE program.
Participating in the TYE business plan competition is only the start to your child's entrepreneurial journey. TIE offers young entrepreneurs a tremendous opportunity to get mentored, educated and network with experts all around the globe.
This contest will offer your child the opportunity to interact with peers from different backgrounds. This experience of working with people other than their classmates will be invaluable in your child's career, no matter that path they choose.
Encourage and support your child as they embark on this journey.
*Written parental consent will be required from all contestants 18 and below.
Please feel free to contact Kavitha Mantha at firstname.lastname@example.org or HP 98119974 to get more information on this program. We would welcome the opportunity to meet in person to discuss this further.
To get a copy of the program curriculum, please click here.
TYE is delighted to have the support of some incredibly dynamic entrepreneurs. Feel free to reach out to Kavitha Mantha at email@example.com if you would like to join this team.
James Chan: Principal at Neoteny Labs, which manages an early-stage venture fund that invests between $50K to $500K in consumer Internet start-ups in Asia and the US.
Hian Goh: Co-Founder of Asia Food Channel, an Asian lifestyle cable and satellite television channel, first launched in August 2005.
Douglas Gan: Founder and CEO of ShowNearby, Singapore's leading location-based service provider. At 27, he already has over a decade of experience in business and entrepreneurship in the Internet Industry and is Singapore Computer Society Young Professional of the Year 2011.
Darius Cheung: Founder and CEO of tenCube Pte Ltd. Darius Joined McAfee in August 2010 through McAfee's acquisition of tenCube, whose flagship product WaveSecure continues to be offered by McAfee. Darius is currently the Director of Consumer Mobile Technology at McAfee.
Wen Pin Leow: A civil servant who has worked in both education and industry related ministries. He is an active volunteer in education & youth circles. He spends most of his volunteering time with the National Youth Council (NYC), where he is a member of the NYC Academy advisory panel.
Program promotion in participating schools
Candidate interview and selection
February 20, 2012
Announce selected candidates – up to 50 to be chosen from Secondary schools, Polytechnics, ITE's & International Schools
March 19 – 31, 2012
Business plan creation and individual team mentoring
April 1, 2012
Mock Business Plan competition
April 14 – 26, 2012
Further mentoring and business plan revision
Rules & Regulations
Curriculum Mar 10 - Mar 18
The curriculum program consists of six days of class room instruction and workshops. Program starts in March 2012:
Business Plan Competition
"TYE helped us make new friends, learn, stretch our imagination, be inspired by entrepreneurs and teachers. It was truly an eye opening experience." - Ajay Bharadwaj, TYE Student Alumnus 2008
"TYE is a great program because entrepreneurship is really a mind-set. Getting involved in that entrepreneurial mind-set from an early age sets you up for great things." - Ankit Mahadevia, TYE Judge.
"It's an incredible program. I sure wish that I was a part of such a program when I was in high school.. if I had been - it wouldn't have taken me 11 years after college to start my first company." - Jason Jacobs, TYE Mentor and Coach; Founder, Runkeeper
"TYE is a great platform for kids to get the exposure and experience of business at a young age." - Kartik Shah, TYE Mentor, TiE charter member
"We saw better business plans presented today than what we see everyday. It was truly exciting to be a judge." - Mike Gaiss, TYE Judge; Sr. VP of Marketing, Highland Capital Partners
The aim of the The Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) Global Program is to empower our youth to become the next generation of entrepreneurs. TYE Global is a unique program that helps high school students learn about the challenges and rewards of becoming an entrepreneur.The program is held in 17 cities around the world and is global in design. Seasoned entrepreneurs and mentors coach high school students (age 16 -20) based on a business-focused curriculum. The program comes to a close with global Business Plan Competition for the youth. The TYE program nurtures the creativity, self-confidence, leadership and overall development of the students.
Empower our youth to become entrepreneurs by engaging them through quality educational programs that include instruction and mentoring designed to: Develop business acumen, communication skills Discover the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship Nurture youth to have a well-rounded personality Instil confidence to lead in a global environment
Your generous donation would aid TYE to empower youth to not only become entrepreneurs, but gain business, professional and social skills that will aid them throughout life and inspire them to be invaluable contributors to community and society.
The sponsorship benefits include:
Ms. Kavitha Mantha
Senior Project Director
Mr. Kuldip Singh
Asst Executive Director
We appreciate your acceptance and support.
Interested students, fill in the form here to register!